[guadec-list] Roles of A/V volunteers and room stewards

Dear all,
	First of all, I'd like to thank those who have signed up on the
volunteer page
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2007/Volunteer/RoomsSchedule.
And I'd like to encourage those of you who can spare a morning or
afternoon to do the same.

	We intend to have a meeting of volunteers on one of the days before the
core starts.  I'll update you all with a time and date later on.
Sufficing to state that if you can't make this time and date just find
me (I look something like this [1] or [2]) and I'll sort you out.

	You've probably all guessed what volunteers will do, but here's a quick
list
(a) have fun :) and interact with the delegates,
(b) room stewards will be keeping everything on track
    - Communicate the fire safety precautions to delegates.
    - Liaise with the professional stewards to ensure delegate safety.
    - Ensure that the speakers laptops etc... work.
    - Try and start the speaker on time.
    - Try and *encourage* the speaker to end on time.
    - Organise a sensible way for questions to be asked, bearing in mind
that we're recording them.
(c) A/V volunteers will be recording everything and we have a process
which is being tweaked (all technical details are being documented)
    - Remind the speaker that they are being video'ed and remind them of
the CC licence they've chosen for the video.
    - Record the speaker and any Q&A session.
    - Download talk to the provided workstation.
    - Perform basic editing with PiTiVi (we'll have a beta by GUADEC I'm
told)
    - Copy the edited file to the provided external USB disk.
    - Ensure the security of the A/V equipment (we'll discuss this
on-site)

	So please volunteer.  As you can see there's a bit of work to it, which
means that volunteering is a valuable contribution to GUADEC
specifically and GNOME in general.

[1] http://www.minds.may.ie/planet/images/aidan-hackergochi.png
[2]
http://www.minds.may.ie/~balor/photographs/tarragona/img021.jpeg.medium.jpeg