Re: [guadec-list] Foundation financial info

Hey Rodrigo, Sara, Jaime!

I'm sad to say it but, I think you have never invited a peruvian to go
outside of his/her country :(. It's hell.

But let's be rational. You can see (in spanish) requisites for visas
for UK and Spain:

http://www.mae.es/Consulados/Lima/es/MenuPpal/Visados/Visado+de+Turismo/
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1136904295400

Note that Spain doesn't say it clearly but you can take my word that
it's a requisite.
In the case of UK you can read:

"Si es otra persona quien cubre los gastos debe proporcionarle, además
de los estados de cuenta bancarios y boletas de pago de sueldo, una
carta de responsabilidad por sus gastos..."

Which for our English speaking friends basically means something like:

"If someone else is taking care of your expenses he/she should provide
bank account states, pay checks and a letter of responsibility for
your expenses"

Rodrigo, sadly for naturals of my country it's not easy to be trusted
so easily.

Sara, I'm moving the thread to guadec-list as you suggest. The PDF you
attached me is great! I was going to ask for one with almost exactly
those details. Still, as I just explained, I have to give the
financial info.

Jaime, yes I'm going to GUADEC-es too!. arturogf on #gnome-hispano was
kind enough to offer me the same. I'll be contacting you soon.

And to everyone, just to clarify what's the intention of the financial
thing. As Sara said, the thing is to convince the embassies that the
guests will not have financial problems while on UK/wherever. In that
context, I just need financial info that proofs that the GNOME
foundation is a wealthy organization, enough to _really_ pay for my
trip and that it's not just an invention of me and my UK friends.
Yes, yes, I also think it's silly but this is how things are for me :(.

So to resume, what I need is a trustful report that tells the embassy
(in numbers):

1. GNOME Foundation is wealthy enough to pay my expenses
2. GNOME Foundation actually exists and $someone-not-me knows about it

I was suggested that a printed report of the IRS (the "Internal
Revenue System" of the US) would be enough. I understand that the
Foundation is US based (?).
If not, a report from $country's-IRS-equivalent would be enough. I
repeat, I don't need to tell the embassy how much money is in
Foundation's bank account. I only need to proof that it moves money,
and the taxes and info reported to the $country state as a non-profit
would be enough.

Maybe this time I was clearer?.
Just to _really_ stress this out: It's not easy for me to get out of
Perú, sadly naturals from my country are not well seen by other govs.

Thanks everyone for your replies and will to help, I really appreciate it.

Hope to see you at GUADEC!,

Diego