Re: [guadec-list] Rooms Schedule: we need more volunteers

Hey Sara,

Do you plan on doing a briefing for the volunteers on the morning or the warm up days?

Hi Diego and thanks for taking the responsibilty. As I talked with Paul, Aidan Delaney has also volunteered to help organise volunteers (especially video helpers).

So it's gonna be great if you and Aidan organize a meeting in an un-conference room to go through stuff at a time of your choosing, on the 15th. There are plenty of spare rooms.

Here is the information I that have gathered from all the conversations:

If you volunteer for a room, you will have to be there for the whole morning or afternoon.
In Warm Up and After Hour days, only 1 person is needed in each room. But in Core days 2 people are needed in each room: one for the general checking, and one for the recording.

A list of the volunteers of each room is available at the info desk. So in case you can't make it at a certain day, please go to the information desk and ask to switch your shift with someone else or inform Diego Escalante Urrelo or Aidan J.Delaney, they'll sort you out.

(a) Basic Volunteer Responsibilities
     - have fun :)
    - and interact with the delegates,
    - Inform people about whatever doubt they can have
    - Keep the schedule on track
    - Film sessions during the Core Days
    - Take care of the rooms & sessions

(b) room stewards will be keeping everything on track
    - Communicate the fire safety precautions to delegates.
    - Liaise with the professional stewards to ensure delegate safety.
    - Ensure that the speakers laptops etc... work.
    - Try and start the speaker on time.
    - Try and *encourage* the speaker to end on time.
    - Organise a sensible way for questions to be asked, bearing in mind that we're recording them.

(c) A/V volunteers will be recording everything and we have a process
which is being tweaked (all technical details are being documented)
    - Remind the speaker that they are being video'ed and remind them of the CC licence they've chosen for the video.
    - Record the speaker and any Q&A session.
    - Download talk to the provided workstation.
    - Perform basic editing with PiTiVi (we'll have a beta by GUADEC I'm told)
    - Copy the edited file to the provided external USB disk.
    - Ensure the security of the A/V equipment (we'll discuss this on-site)

See you soon,
Sara