Re: [guadec-list] guadec.org 2006 content

Germán Poó Caamaño wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 10:40 +0100, Kristen Nielsen wrote:
Hi Thomas.

Archiving is a good way to preserve the content which enables everybody
to retrieve papers and other stuff from a certain GUADEC conference.

I suggest as an easy solution that each year creates a separate version
e.g. 2007.guadec.org and work there. It will provide each organizing
team a fresh start, and no responsibility to not make any errors
regarding the historic content.

Until 2005 was pretty easy to search in archives.  But, it's a pain
to browse around 2006 site.  It was much better in the sense of having
more news and information, but harder to find any useful information
after GUADEC 7 took place. Only is possible to browse it through Google.

It would be nice to be able to clean up the 2006 site, but I don't know if this counts as meddling with history ;-)

We have the database backed up, and a copy of the drupal install, so it should be fairly easy to just disable all user accounts and set up 2006.guadec.org.

-Thomas