[guadec-list] guadec.org 2006 content

I've been working on updating the guadec.org content this weekend, and as such have wanted to mark a lot of the 2006 as "inactive". However, it doesn't appear that this is possible in drupal, or I haven't found the option. For example, I'd like to remove the "GUADEC 2006 Presentation" content type, so that it no longer appears under the "Publish" list in the side bar. I am a bit concerned that this may remove all of the papers submitted last year. The same problem occurs with the old forum topics and categories.

Does anyone have any opinions on what we want to do to archive the previous content? Does anyone have any good ideas about how to do this in Drupal?

Regards,

Thomas