Re: [guadec-list] Visibility of gold sponsor

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 15:25 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You have a good point. We should test the design at smaller resolutions.
>   I'll ask around, but does anyone have any suggestions of how to layout
> the front page without the possibility of overlap?

It happens because of z-index used in CSS.  For #middleColumn has higher
value than #rightColumn (5 against 2).  z-index tells to the browser
which has the priority.

Setting a higher value for #rightColumn, the sponsor will overlap
keynote speakers.

Probably Opera in Nokia 700 doesn't have a good support for z-index,
so it scales the image in the banner.

To scale down, it is possible to define that image to width=100%,
and it will scale correctly as layour.  With the downside of looks
a bit ugly at bigger resolutions.

Another suggestion is avoid using a single image for all keynote
speakers.  An image for each two speakers or one image for each
speaker, and let the browser manage them.  Maybe centered. If it
is not possible to show them in a row, it will shown in two rows.

IMVHO. I am not a web designer.

Regards,

--
Germán Poó Caamaño