[guadec-list] guadec wiki pages

Hi Thomas, hi all,

I am now also subscribed to guadec.org

I have made some structure under http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC . Let me
know what you think about it.

I have created a GUADEC navbar so that one can put this via include on
every future navbar and also can change this. To make it more flexible
one could also make 2 includable pages:

1. GUADEC/NavBar
2. GUADEC/NavBar07

and then one would include GUADEC/NavBar , which then could either
include an uptodate GUADEC/NavBar or contain an older version. This
includes can be very handy although they make things a bit more
complicated.

I don't want to do more for now until you have seen my additions.
Maybe you don't like. Then we can apply some changes before we move
forward.

I think it makes sense to keep plannung of the website under GnomeWeb
because all GNOME related web sites are there.

About GUADEC2006 pages: I think there were too many pages. I think
that can get very confusing. I would think one does not need that
much.

I think some points are important:

* We should try to have some content not under a version of a GUADEC,
because we then have to:
 a) move the pages
 b) adapt all links to a new location

Choices:
 a) not use sub pages like GuadecPlanning (good: WikiName, bad: no structure)
 b) put them under GUADEC/ (good: hierarchical structure, bad: no wiki name)

I think all pages names that are more general like "Archive" or so
should go under GUADEC/. Generally I think it is nice to leave pages
where they are of they have a nice wiki name. Only move if it makes
more sense at a new place. So I would keep GuadecPlanning where it is,
because again every move means further editing AND search engines will
have wrong information and we then need to fill a page with "#REDIRECT
NewPageName".

Whats nice about the GUADEC2006 pages is that we now can filter what
pages where well used and contained good information and not reproduce
those that did not make sense. We also can merge pagenames. I also
suggest prefering WikiNames that allow quicker linking like this:
../WikiName (4 additional keys with SHIFT)  in a sub page resolves to
GUADEC/WikiName. Otherwise  ["GUADEC/Wikiname"] (9 additional keys
with SHIFT and ALT Gr, at least on a german keyboard)

greetings,

Thilo