Re: [guadec-list] Press team

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:50:03AM +0200, Javier Vazquez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> El mié, 24-05-2006 a las 13:42 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna escribió:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 06:52:05PM +0200, Javier Vazquez wrote:
> [...]
> > > * Someone to be "a Quim" for the press team :), I mean a coordinator ;)
> > >
> > > [...]
> > I have some knowledge of being a coordinator since I've been doing a lot of that
> > work, but I don't mind trying to write a press release for each day if someone
> > will translate appropriately in Catalan/Spanish.
>
>  As Sri seems to be the only volunteer, I guess he is the coordinator of
> the press team for GUADEC ;)

Great... :P  Me and my big mouth.

>  I would suggest you can review or redefine the task list, match each
> task to someone,... or whatever you consider according to your
> experience :)

OK..  It's not too late for someone to step up and do this.  Leadership skills are
important when finding a job! ;-)

>  If Fernando and David can manage the press, I could write the Press Kit
> (Spanish) and translate the press releases (at least 1 to announce the
> conference plus 3 for each day) to Spanish also.

Sounds good.  We should probably set up some contacts for the press to know who to
approach for press contacts.

>  The point I am worried about is contacting Spanish press and getting
> our press releases published. Maybe we have a couple of contacts through
> some gnomero, but it's important to know this as soon as posible, don't
> you think so?

Well, I guess the step then is to figure out press contacts.

Why not ask Fluendo since they are a Barcelona based company and
ask where they would go for press?  They must have some sort of
director of communications or something.  Hows that for a start?

Secondly, I wonder if the government has a list of press contacts.  What is
the equivalent of the "Chamber of Commerce" for those who know how to translate
that into a spanish equivalent...

I guess that would be a start.

sri