Re: [guadec-list] Press team

Hi,

El jue, 18-05-2006 a las 00:21 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna escribió:
> Greetings,
>
> So I think we need to start talking about the press team and I know this
> is something that I am interested in helping out with.  I'd like to
> start with establishing goals and asking who would like to participate.

 In an email from Quim a few days ago:

"[...] By now we have Andy Wingo coordinating the coverage, Fernando San
Martín in charge of the press/VIP room, Javier Vázquez willing to help
contacting the Spanish press... who else? And who coordinates."

 Thomas Keups answered to propose writing one or two general media
releases in English. Shaun McCance answered offering support to write or
review any English material.

 So, I suppose that the press team will be formed by Sriram, Andy Wingo,
Fernando San Martín, Thomas Keups, Shaun McCance and me.

 Today, I have been asking to some colleagues who managed the press team
in GUADEC-ES 2005 -http://2005.guadec-es.org-.

 My conclusions, so far, are that we need:

* Writing a Press Kit (we have an example in
http://2005.guadec-es.org/guadec/sala_prensa/disponibles_dossier_y_nota_de_prensa [Spanish]), because the "about GUADEC" section is probably not enough

* Writing a press release to announce the event

* Writing (3) press releases for each day of the conference, talking
about the important conferences and people of each day

* Photos to be included by the press if they want to do it (another
example in http://2005.guadec-es.org/fotos/)

* Adding a "Press Section" to the GUADEC website, which would include
the press kit, a photo gallery and the press releases

* Someone who has contacts with Spanish press, or funds to hire a
communication agency, so that the media publish our press releases

* A person who is the contact for the press during the conference, to
solve doubts and to help contacting the VIP people (keynote speakers...)
for interviews

* Someone to be "a Quim" for the press team :), I mean a coordinator ;)

 I could  be the person responsible for handle Spanish press during the
conference (I have a cellphone, I like talking ;)), but I would like
that a native English speaker cope with international press if
necessary. I could also write the Press Kit and press releases in
Spanish, probably based on GUADEC-ES material.

 Anyway:  Sriram, Andy, Fernando, Thomas, Shaun, Quim, whoever... Do you
have any comments, corrections, ideas?

 Let's go to make this GUADEC the most known ever! :)

javivázquez