[guadec-list] Other t-shirts (volunteers, professionals)

As Ludovic suggested, we need t-shirts for the volunteers. However, I
think they are more a recognition gift to be given at the end of the
conference rather than a tool to be identified and used during the
GUADEC days.

Why?

Basically because we are trying to build not a small group of volunteers
working full days and missing most parts of GUADEC but work with a
bigger group of people that will assume some tasks some days, not the
whole day. Also because washing t-shirts and having 2 per person is
extra work/coordination.

I wasn't joking when I suggested something like a hawaiian lei -
http://www.lavahut.com/lei-traditional.htm (the cheaper versions widely
available for Carnival etc), as visible as easy to take in/out and
exchange. And friendly.  :)  Using something like flower necklaces we
allow people to come and help us in the last minute, no need to find a
t-shirt for you now.

But it is good to have a nice details with the volunteers, this is why
we can give them a t-shirt special edition to take home. I'¡d say the
same design with different color, taking out the sponsors in the back
and putting instead something like "I was there and I helped a lot"

Also, I was thinking of having another detail for those registering as
professionals. Well, yes, another t-shirt, also different color and also
different sentence in the back, something like "Here goes a GNOME Pro".
We have the resources to do this, in part because these participants are
paying 150€/75€.

Colors available:

http://jerzeescolours.russelleurope.com/tabid/146/act/display/pid/15/Default.aspx

What about green for the volunteers and red for the professionals.

Also, we'd need to know how many we need, and which sizes. About the
professionals, I would keep the same proportions we are having for the
normal t-shirt. About the volunteers, we need to know who is inside the
boat, be the reference http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/team (page that
needs update).