Re: [guadec-list] Volunteer/Team Website and meals

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 23:54 +0200, Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:

> maybe we could improve the team website. For me most names of the jobs
> didn't tell me much about what to do.

Definitely. Several people have asked just the same. They come to
#guadec or to my private email and ask. In the best case I answer on the
fly, without a trace in the Team page or anywhere in the wiki. It's in
my perennial ToDo list of non-delegated tasks that people with powerful
energies like you are helping to move forward.

> Could we collect in GNOME Live
> some descriptions, what is behind the nice titlles, e.g. what is todo
> when you choose "On-Site Management - Food".

Please, go ahead and ask whatever you don't understand.

> Where can people add their name, if they want volunteer during the
> conference (e.g Infodesk, "room volunteer", etc.).

Until now I have been added most of these names after exchanging emails
or #guadec chat. Some other admins have added other names too.

> Is this a good place:
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Organization/Volunteers

Yes, why not. I want to stress the fact, though, that most people
relates "volunteering" with tasks done during the conference. In fact,
there is still more than one month to have the conference and there are
looots of tasks to do and soooo few people doing or trying to do them.

Really, finding on-site volunteers is not what worries me more when we
are sponsoring +40 people, offering free accommodation to a bunch of
local supporters, t-shirts to 40 footballers and so on. The thing is all
the work that needs to be done before meeting all of us at Sant Joan's
party on the 23rd.

> what is the difference between 65Eur meals for sponsored participants
> and 35eur meals you can choose during registration?

There was breakfast in Vilanova Park offered at 30€ until we closed the
accommodation booking through us. Now people wanting to have breakfast
bought in advance need to deal directly with Vilanova Park. Alternatives
are to go to the camping's cafeteria and pay every morning, make your
own breakfast at the bungalow etc.