[guadec-list] [Help] Announcing new sponsors

We have 2 sponsors ready to be announced. It takes about 1h to announce
each, and we want to make announcements on different days. 1 or 2 more
sponsors could come in the following days if the current negotiations
conclude successfully.

The work to do is:

- Resize logo and publish it on the guadec.org homepage and
http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/sponsors

- Add the blurb sent by the sponsors to its entry at
http://guadec.org/GUADEC2006/sponsors

- Publish a brief and thankful news story at guadec.org and Planet
GNOME. (optionally I can do it if you provide the text)

- Send an email to the sponsor pointing to the created pages (I can do
it)

DEPENDENCIES:

- You need a logo and a blurb Quim will provide.

- Maybe you need some info to write the news piece, no big deal. Ask
Quim.

LINKED TASKS

If you want more, there is more.

- Sponsors care until the end of GUADEC. Until now we have been
contacting sponsors one 2 one, trying to provide answers to their
questions and some 'customer care'. Now it's time to organize all this
better, we have got a collection of sponsors we couldn't have dreamed of
just three months ago, they are extremely important for the success of
GUADEC 2006, forthcoming events and the GNOME project itself. We want
them happy. We don't want mistakes or deception of bad feelings. Dave
and me aren't doing bad, I have to say  ;)  but we both are more than
overwhelmed with other tasks and we need someone else.

- More specifically, we need to contact all the sponsors once we have
ready the t-shirts, bags, banners etc wearing their logos. We need to
know if they want to insert materials in the bag. We need to know if
they want to have a stand or organize a social event. We have thought
also of having like a reception or session with them during GUADEC. None
of this is much work, but someone needs to do it and, most importantly,
keep thinking on the sponsors and their good feelings.