Re: [guadec-list] Registration fees

We haven't considered yet this combination of early booking and on-site
payment. I suggest to offer this possibility in the online process to
Foundation members only, leaving the door open to exceptions (without
announcing it in the website).

The problem here is accommodation: what happens if someone registers
early booking accommodation as well and then don't end up coming? In the
meantime the GUADEC committee has paid a % reservation for this
accommodation.

Of course this is not a problem with few known people (i.e. Foundation
members). I'm thinking more of "anonymous" people, specially the locals,
booking in advance "just in case" and then finding out in the last
minute that they are busy etc and won't come to Vilanova?

El dt 21 de 03 del 2006 a les 04:21 +0000, en/na pedro mg va escriure:

> I don't know if this is possible, but are the Stuttgart and other past
> Guadec attendees going to be contacted by email informing open
> registration ? I'm sure gnome.org has their emails addr. :)

afaik Fernando (the man responsible of last year's registration) has
their email addresses. I think it's fair to use them one more time only,
relying from now on guadec.org registered users (about 200 today) and
GNOME's contacts database.

> I think, no beeing considered a spammer... <g>, two rounds of emails
> would be sent. One at the beggining and other by the last week to
> inscription deadline.

Sounds reasonable, but I guess we need permission from the board (owner
of the data) and of course Fernando, who has the emails. Opinions?

> What is the estimate number of attendees to go to the G-Village  ? Is a
> maximum acceptable number set ? It seems the "cheap" backup plan B is
> the youth hostal (only on an all reserve basis) right ? And the hotels.

No idea about the estimate, this is why we are going to promote ealry
accommodation booking in the GNOME Village. Vilanova Park is offering a
reservation for about 500 people, this could be considered the limit but
still ned to negotiate how this is going to be organized.

Youth hostel is out of the plans, they wanted a full booking for 60
people the whole week. Apparently they have already got an agreement
with someone else (probably something related with summer children
activities). There are the hotels in Vilanova and Sitges as
alternatives, yes.

> What if... first 150-200 inscriptions (with payment) be eligible to a
> Laptop win ? The last event keynote would reveal the lucky winner :)

This is actually a cool idea. I like it. More supporters?

> And are the registation offerings defined ? T-shirts ? bags ? Linux
> Magazines ? Pencil and pens ? key "neck straps" ? ...  :)

Nothing of this has been defined yet. Ideas are welcomed.

> Are the sessions going to be podcasted ? Probably yes (radiotux.de,...)

Video and sound coverage, streaming and file archiving is planned, yes.
Andy Wingo is the responsible of this.

>  My dear Catalans, get to work :)))

We try.  :)  However, you seem to have many and good ideas. What about
focusing in one of the things you suggest and push it from one of the
teams - http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/Organization ?

We need people joining the GUADEC organization assuming the
responsibility of one action i.e. like Ludovic did with the Sponsors
brochure.