Re: [guadec-list] Registration fees

Usually the objectif of registering sooner with a lower fee is for the
organization to get some income to face initial organization costs. In
the other hand, even just registering (while not paying) does allow to
estimate final global structure and needs. This can be set when immediat
capital is not necessary.
My event organisation experience says, the near_deadline inscriptions
are the gross part of the whole cake, so i always try to minimize
surprises.

I don't know if this is possible, but are the Stuttgart and other past
Guadec attendees going to be contacted by email informing open
registration ? I'm sure gnome.org has their emails addr. :)
I think, no beeing considered a spammer... <g>, two rounds of emails
would be sent. One at the beggining and other by the last week to
inscription deadline.

What is the estimate number of attendees to go to the G-Village  ? Is a
maximum acceptable number set ? It seems the "cheap" backup plan B is
the youth hostal (only on an all reserve basis) right ? And the hotels.

What if... first 150-200 inscriptions (with payment) be eligible to a
Laptop win ? The last event keynote would reveal the lucky winner :)
Has HP Spain been contacted ?

And are the registation offerings defined ? T-shirts ? bags ? Linux
Magazines ? Pencil and pens ? key "neck straps" ? ...  :)

Are the sessions going to be podcasted ? Probably yes (radiotux.de,...)

If special transportation to G-Village is not possible, what about print
a credit card size in 2 or 3 languages card informing public bus/train
schedules + trip costs ?

Another card for meals schedule and some advisable places to eat a
brunch. When i go to Spain i allways have to remember the different
to-do times of things. Eat, go to work, dinner,... :)

I think i read about the laptop power suply needs in the meeting places
already beeing covered, as of wifi.

Most of these "implementations" problably have to be managed/done by the
local group. My dear Catalans, get to work :))) (no, not you Checa nor
you Sete :))

--
pedro mg