Re: [guadec-list] Minutes of local meeting, 28 February

Thanks Andy for these notes. Need to learn myself to do them.

En/na Andy Wingo ha escrit:

> Quim: general
> Lluis: organization of the pre-guadec catalan track
> Danigo: managing volunteers during guadec itself
> Andy: coverage of guadec itself
> Carlos: managing relationship with vilanova/generalitat

Toni Hermoso could not make it but he has accepted the role of local
coordinator and default contact for local groups. He is well known and
considered in the local community and hopefully will be of big help
increasing the local participation and activity.

> * Quim to mail list with a preliminary list of tasks that need owners

To do. Will be an uodate of http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/TaskList -
making a clear distinction of the tasks that will be organised locally,
with just a secondary participation from the non-local part of the
GUADEC committee.

> * Quim to put information on what a collaborating group is on the web
> site somewhere

To do. Very soon. Basically, we agreed that an organisation will become
a "Community partner" (is this a good name?) when:

- assuming a specific task
- providing a reliable contact
- promoting GUADEC in their context, within their possibilities

In exchange we offer:

- logo in the Community Partners area in a list of materials to be
defined (website, poster, etc).
- 25% discount on registration fee to 5 or more members (on top of other
discounts they might get for early booking, foundation members...)

Ideas are welcome.

Anyone volunteering during GUADEC will get the same opportunities as the
rest of volunteers (to be defined, mainly food, T-shirt, free
registration etc)

Anyone needing sponsorship for travel and/or accommodation may follow
the same steps described at http://beta.guadec.org/sponsorship

> * Quim to figure out who the network administrator is at Vilanova

Requested. The Vilanova Council is happy being themselves out of the
way, allowing admins and GUADEC org having direct contact.

> * Quim to try to get statements from people regarding intentions in the
> thursday and friday

To do. Soon. Instead of simply blogging at Planet I'll start writing
explanatory pages in GUADEC site around the Schedule and then link to
them from Planet posts.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org