[guadec-list] Minutes of local meeting, 28 February

Minutes of GUADEC local committee, 28 February

Attendence
----------

Carlos (from the Generalitat)
Quim Gil
Danigo Ludovic
Lluis Sanchez
Andy Wingo

Previous action items
---------------------

None. (We're just starting the action item thing)

Discussion
----------

We agreed that our greatest problem right now is a lack of the local
momentum that was built during the candidacy period.

Quim mentioned an idea that (I think) Andreu Iba�from Hispalinux had,
which was the idea of "asociaciones colaboradoras". The idea is to
contact organizations, and that in exchange for recognition for the
organization, that the organization would commit to be in charge of some
tasks. That way we have concrete people we can call if we need something
done (printing, t-shirts, etc).

Everyone agreed that this would help a lot in the pre-guadec activities,
and that it would be a good vector by which to go and find volunteers.

Other discussions clarified our understandings of the weekend before
GUADEC (a more beginner-friendly local-group format, at least with
catalan and spanish tracks, but open to other interested groups), and
the thursday and friday after guadec (more developer-oriented focused
hacking).

As far as primary reponsabilities go, it was decided that the members
present at the meeting would be in charge of these areas:

Quim: general
Lluis: organization of the pre-guadec catalan track
Danigo: managing volunteers during guadec itself
Andy: coverage of guadec itself
Carlos: managing relationship with vilanova/generalitat

New action items
----------------

* Quim to mail list with a preliminary list of tasks that need owners

* Danigo to figure out when the next meeting will be (via guadec-list)

* Quim to put information on what a collaborating group is on the web
site somewhere

* Quim to figure out who the network administrator is at Vilanova

* Toni from Softcatal�as been volunteered to contact local groups,
trying to get asociacions col.laboradores

* Danigo to contact journalism school to see about possibility of
getting camera/camera[wo]man volunteers from there

* Andy to get people to create a new list, guadec-local, for local-only
discussions

* Quim to try to get statements from people regarding intentions in the
thursday and friday

Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/