Re: [guadec-list] Press Team meeting minutes..

Regarding putting out press releases, there are cheaper ways to do it.
I was talking to couple of folks at Ubuntu and they said they were
paying $120 or so to put out a release vs. $400 that most people I
know have to pay -- not sure what Novell is paying.

Rajiv

On 6/23/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> I followed up on the international press and OSDL will be helping me out
> international press contacts.  So I think I can cover international
> press stuff..

It'd be great if you could get some kind of ongoing cooperation with OSDL
for press releases, and then document how that works on the Wiki. At the
moment we are dependent on specific personal contacts at Novell, and they
(quite fairly) only give us about 2 press releases per year because it's
not cheap to release one.

Thanks for all the hard work.

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 10:55:26PM -0700, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
>> * Talked about the current press releases.  Javi has sent them out to
>> Spanish press, and Thomas has sent the German version out.  So all
>> that's left is the international press.  We have no contacts for the
>> international press, don't know how to send that out.  Sri will talk to
>> OSDL about international press release and see if he can use OSDL for
>> this.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com