Re: [guadec-list] final version ofguadec press release.

> Okay, this is it.  Unless something looks really off, the let
> me know.  Otherwise, let's get this baby out.

It's quite professional now, but I think it needs these small changes to
really make the grade:

- Opening keynote will be presented by Jeff Waugh
+ The opening keynote will be presented by Jeff Waugh

- Other speakers include Jim Gettys, Vice President of Engineering of the
One Laptop Per Child  who will be presenting OLPC, a community effort to
give children a chance to learn using specially designed laptops, titled
"Challenges and Opportunities of the $100 laptop" (can we rewrite this
para).
+ Other speakers include Jim Gettys, Vice President of Engineering of the
One Laptop Per Child project (OLPC), whose "Challenges and Opportunities
of the $100 laptop" presentation will describe this community effort to
support childrens' education by providing specially designed laptops.

- Simon Philipps
+ Simon Phipps
(We must get this right)

- Sebastian Bacher and Daniel Holbach at Canonical, will talk
+ Sebastian Bacher and Daniel Holbach at Canonical will talk

- More than 30 GNOME related software projects will be represented ranging
+ More than 30 GNOME related software projects will be represented, ranging

- F-Spot for photo managing software, Gossip for instant messaging client,
Beagle for desktop search, and Ekiga ? a videoconferencing and VOIP
software.
+ F-Spot for photo managing, Gossip for instant messaging, Beagle for
desktop search, and Ekiga ? a videoconferencing and VOIP client.

- The first GUADEC which was started in Paris in June 2000 is the
gathering of GNOME developers from around the world.
+ GUADEC, which first took place in Paris in June 2000, is a gathering of
GNOME developers from around the world.

- GNOME development is sponsored by many companies.  Some of them are:
+ GNOME development is sponsored by many companies.  These include:

- Sun Microsystems (sun.com/software/opensource/), a significant
participant and contributor to industry-changing open source projects
including;
+ Sun Microsystems (sun.com/software/opensource/), a significant
participant and contributor to industry-changing open source projects;

Doing this on the wiki in future might make this easier. Many thanks, Sri.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com