Re: [guadec-list] asian story redone..

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 09:34 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> Much better now. Pity we don't have quote from Simon Phipps (not
> Phillips)
>
> Also.
>
> Sun is sending two engineers from Beijing to guadec
>
> And well, Iran is also Asia afaik and there are iranians everywhere :) ,
> also quite involved in the organization.
>
> The guadec winning logo was designed in Tehran by Behnam.

Also, in debian-devel-announce[1] it is mentioned a deployment of
GNU/Linux using GNOME in Bhutan, launched by the Ministry of Information
and Communication, as an effort to get a localized desktop for end
users.

Claudio

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/06/msg00001.html

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedr wh8 tu-dresden de>