Re: [guadec-list] sample pages

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 07:50:52PM +0200, David Neary wrote:

> Looks great!
>
> One suggestion I'd make is to get rid of the marqee column in the
> schedule, have the keynotes span the 3 other columns, and have a note
> "All plenary sessions and keynotes are in the marquee". It somehow makes
> the keynotes look more important.

I agree with Dave. The keynotes should be highly visible, something
like:
 |             |             |             |
 |      Keynote Speaker: Kathy Sierra      | <-- bold the name
 |                Marquee                  | <-- smaller font
 |                 Lunch                   |

I would ditch the italics. For the program, I would also
consider using a Sans font for the talk titles. I would also make
the names slightly smaller than the titles.

Of course, I am not a graphic designer.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA