Re: [guadec-list] sample pages

They look good, congratulations.

However....  :)  (now come a lot of comments but they refer to small
details at the end)

- I think you are abusing of itallics (events) and bold (schedule),
specially because you are using always a serif. The result are pages a
bit too... like noisy. Playing perhaps with sans serif fonts vs serif to
distinguish concepts and making more use of plain fonts with diiferent
sizes will have a more clean effect, I think.

- About the fonts themselves, just to double check: are they GNOME
friendly? (I'm a font ignorant)

- The GUADEC banner at the top is too big to be the common header of all
pages. After 15 pages seeing it you probably will get tired. Instead,
you could have something much thinner (like the footer) and then have a
subheader for the current section, to know always where you are.

- In any case that header should look good in B&W, perhaps a good reason
not to have the GUADEC logo on every page. Instead, the branding could
be done with the GNOME foot (without the word GNOME), which is B&W
friendly and visible even in the smallest sizes. For instance, what
about having it associated with the page number (just an idea that could
result really kitsch). Anyway, we don't need to brand all the pages if
we don't find an elegant solution.

- In events, that box for each talk is pretty cool. However, perhaps
"User" and "English" are not needed, since all the sessions of one will
have the same perspective and almost all of them will be in English. In
fact, the idea is to publish the sessions of GUADEC-ES in Spanish and
the GUADEC-CA ones in Catalan, this way nobody gets confused and all the
sessions announcements are clear to their potential participants.

- Just to double check, a page like events would be in B&W.

- There is something unclear. You are combining sessions with bios, but
Sara says all the bios will be organized alphabetically. What is the
plan?

- About schedule, don't you think that black row and column will look
too black printed on paper? It looks good in one screen but I'm not sure
of the effect when applied to several contiguous pages. Perhaps a dark
gray is dark enough.

- Well, ok to Dave's suggestion of omitting the Marquee column. I donp0t
quite agree with his argument but it's true that it will leave more
space to make the grid "breath" better on print. We can keep it in the
online schedule, maybe visually gives more importance to the keynotes,
but it represents exactly what is going to happen: one session in the
marquee and no scheduled activity in the other spaces.

El dj 01 de 06 del 2006 a les 21:51 +0430, en/na Behnam Esfahbod va
escriure: