[guadec-list] Request to extend the deadline for theme submissions

Hello,

This is my first post to this list and I feel terrible to post this type of message...  Below is a copy of the comment I posted on beta.guadec.org on the forum topic that asked for an extension on the competition...

====

Given that there are no themes currently submitted as of now... is it possible to extend the deadline for just the themes competition?

I understand why the logo deadline should be kept, given that so many people have submitted.  However, I don't think it would hurt to extend the deadline for the themes competition.

With Drupal there have been some changes to 4.7's theme system and it takes significantly more time to create a polished theme.  There are so many components that require time and attention.

Many people may not be familiar with drupal theming system as well and they need time to learn.

I'm personally working on a theme but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to finish it by today's deadline... I'm eager to get this done but job and other responsibilities are getting in the way...

So, would you consider extending the deadline for themes submission given that there are currently no themes submitted currently?  Perhaps 1 or 2 weeks?

====

Anyways, I'm personally very interested in getting involved with gnome and I was thrilled to hear that you guys were considering using Drupal.  Currently, it's the only way I feel comfortable contributing to a great OSS project that I am very grateful for... I'm definately thinking about gnome.org extensibility in _several_ themes/wireframes that I'm designing... Whether or not my theme wins the guadec competition, I am interested in helping out with the Drupal migration & maintenance work.

Sincerely,

John Hwang