Re: [guadec-list] web site: editing.

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 18:40 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:

> En/na Murray Cumming ha escrit:
>
> > Should I send the text to you?
>
> Send it if you can't now.

OK. I can't so:

- GUADEC2006: the conference where GNOME meets
+ GUADEC 2006: The GNOME Conference

- The week is spliteed in three phases:
+ The week will have three phases:
(or "The week will be split into three phases" if you want to keep
"split".)

- Three tracks will structure the three Core days:
+ In addition, the Core days will have three simultaneous tracks:

- , meeting distros shipping GNOME as default desktop,
+ , distros shipping GNOME,

- reports and demos of great GTK+ applications...
+ demonstrations of great GNOME applications.

- any futurist yet realistic view are welcome.
+ any ambitious, but realistic, ideas for the future are welcome.

- a good face2face session to find its way to a solution.
+ face to face sessions to work out solutions.

- Someone (an individual, a team) exposes the issue, background,
confronted views, possible alternatives...
+  Someone (an individual or a team) should summarize the issues, the
background, differences of opinion, possible alternatives, etc.

- Participative sessions, like BOFs but queen size.
+ Participative sessions, like BOFs but much bigger.

It does sound good.

> This page is the first I created it and has gome many transformations
> since then, not only on the content also, node type etc. Thus is
> (probably) why.

OK. We probably want to keep the front page quite protected anyway. But
you should document how you change it.

I also notice that, when I am not logged in, I do not see "login" or
"edit" links/buttons on most pages. I only see a "login" link on news
items, so that I can add comments. But we need to encourage people to
change the actual pages, like they can in the wiki.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com