Re: [guadec-list] Key Note Speakers

(resending from subscribed address)

Thomas Wood wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick reminder to say we had hoped to get a list of possible key
> note speaker suggestions done by the end of December. If anyone has any
> ideas of people they would like to hear speak, please pass names and
> contact details on to guadec-list gnome org!

Aside from gapminder: http://www.gapminder.org/ which I mentioned
already, here's a scattering of ideas:

 - Tim Berners Lee
 - Eben Moglen
 - Donald Norman (author: "The design of Everyday Things") -
http://www.jnd.org/
 - Scott Berkun - http://www.scottberkun.com/
 - Alan Cooper (Author: "The Inmates are Running the Asylum") -
http://www.cooper.com/
 - Seth Godin - http://sethgodin.typepad.com/
 - Guy Kawasaki - http://www.guykawasaki.com/
 - Doc Searls - http://doc.weblogs.com/
 - Joel Spolsky - http://www.joelonsoftware.com/
 - Eric Sink - http://www.ericsink.com/ (pretty windows oriented, though...)
 - Jonathan Schwarz (OK - risky having CEOs at the conference, but it'd
be fun)
 - Ron Hovsepian (it'd be fun - bring your rotten tomatoes)
 - The Internet's Jono Bacon?

In general, I'm trying to think of people I know give a good
presentation, which would be a little relevant to the community -
someone in software is great, someone in design would be great, someone
in technical writing or technical marketing would be OK (on the
condition that they're interesting, and fun). I couldn't think of too
many high-profile actual hackers that give good presentations, though...

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary