Re: Re : [guadec-list] GUADEC-Program layout - Draft 1

I'm for color in the cover + 2 outer sheets + 2 inner sheets or
something like this.

Sponsors ads will look better in color, they will be happier and they
will like to keep sponsoring us.

About the draft, good.  :)

The first thing we need though is what is called a lanzado/llançat
(don't know the name in English, is a newspaper specific term): a
numbered list of all the pages with a summary of the contents of each
page. Is in the lanzado when you agree that the cover is page 1  ;)  ,
the Sun advert goes in page 17, After Hours comprises 42-56, page 64
combines, which pages are in color, the total of pages is nnn (multiple
of 4)...

It takes A LOT of work to do this, but when it's done you know how many
different templates you need to create, and which templates apply to
each pages. Once this is done you can simply distribute pages to people
giving them a deadline to send the contents back, while you keep the
control of all the book with your up to date "lanzado". This is how
newspapers can deliver 124 pages everyday.

Also, without a first draft of lanzado we don't how many pages we have
(we can only guess) and without number of pages we can ask for any
budget, and we can't define properly the cost of things like how many
color pages, paper quality etc.