Re : Re : [guadec-list] GUADEC-Program layout - Draft 1

> The first thing we need though is what is called a lanzado/llançat
> (don't know the name in English, is a newspaper specific term): a
> numbered list of all the pages with a summary of the contents of each
> page. Is in the lanzado when you agree that the cover is page 1  ;)  ,
> the Sun advert goes in page 17, After Hours comprises 42-56, page 64
> combines, which pages are in color, the total of pages is nnn (multiple
> of 4)...

I was planning to do it later. After all it's draft 1. :-)

> It takes A LOT of work to do this, but when it's done you know how many
> different templates you need to create, and which templates apply to
> each pages. Once this is done you can simply distribute pages to people
> giving them a deadline to send the contents back, while you keep the
> control of all the book with your up to date "lanzado". This is how
> newspapers can deliver 124 pages everyday.
>
> Also, without a first draft of lanzado we don't how many pages we have
> (we can only guess) and without number of pages we can ask for any
> budget, and we can't define properly the cost of things like how many
> color pages, paper quality etc.

But we haven't decided yet what exactly we are going to put in.
And without an approximated number of sessions for each day
I can't do a table of content that make sense; there is a dependancy
problem here. Dave are you able to highlight me on that please ?
Has a structure appeared ? Could Dave or one person of the
schedule working group make a little sum up of on going effort ?
What's clear and what's not decided yet ? It doesn't need to be definitive.
Sorry if I missed some mail on that matter.

For the moment, let's say that the table of content draft is here :
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/PrintedContent

I'll update it to take into account comment by Behdad and go
for a black and white design, we still can add color later.

--
Ludovic Danigo