Re : Re : Re : [guadec-list] Printed program content

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Ludovic Danigo wrote:

> > 150 pages A5 ... that a book ! And that doesn't in my pocket ! ;-P
>
> It does.  150 pages is barely 1cm thick.

It was a joke ;-)

> > Tell me you've never see someone with one of those free diaries
> > folded in two under the arm or in four in a pocket.
>
> One should not design for a formfactor they know has to be
> folded.

Well, then why newspaper nearly all use similar form factor then ?
I don't buy this argument, sorry.

That said the important thing to do is the program, the rest is periferal.

> > > Right.  Also, we don't have to do it in Scribus which needs to be
> > > done manually for each page.   For the large part that is the
> > > bios and abstracts, we can use LaTeX, and I'm willing to do that
> > > part.
> >
> > Well, the case was to go a bit beyond than just the program.
>
> I didn't mean otherwise.  I said for we can use LaTeX for the
> bios and abstracts, or any other running text part of it.

Do you comit on working on it ?
If you want to do it, then I step out of the process,
it's been too long since I touched LaTeX.

-- Ludovic Danigo