Re: Re : Re : [guadec-list] Printed program content

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Ludovic Danigo wrote:

> > > Objections ?
> >
> > No, No, No.  A3 doesn't even fit in any laptop case I know, let
> > alone pockets.  It's ok to have a 150page A5, and in fact better
> > than a 30page A3.
>
> 150 pages A5 ... that a book ! And that doesn't in my pocket ! ;-P

It does.  150 pages is barely 1cm thick.

> Tell me you've never see someone with one of those free diaries
> folded in two under the arm or in four in a pocket.

One should not design for a formfactor they know has to be
folded.

> Don't forget that you'll can find the program in the and where we care
> to put it.

People use the program to see what's going next when they are
sitting in a talk, or when at lunch, or walking around.  I know I
won't carry an A3 thing around.

> You can have a look at the layout I started working on (very alpha).
> http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006/PrintedContent

> > Right.  Also, we don't have to do it in Scribus which needs to be
> > done manually for each page.   For the large part that is the
> > bios and abstracts, we can use LaTeX, and I'm willing to do that
> > part.
>
> Well, the case was to go a bit beyond than just the program.

I didn't mean otherwise.  I said for we can use LaTeX for the
bios and abstracts, or any other running text part of it.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"