Re: [guadec-list] Football: GNOME - Rest of the World

Hi!

El vie, 14-04-2006 a las 10:44 -0400, Pedro Villavicencio Garrido
escribió:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 18:11 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> > About the futbol thing.  :)
> >
> > - Infrastructures: I'm the infrastructures guy - tell me what do you
> > think guys and I'll try to get it. I tell you, this is Futbolandia and
> > the only limits are set by your legs. See
> > http://www.vilanova.org/futbol.htm - smaller fields available, just
> > decide the type of game you want to play.
>
> I guess we aren't going to have a formal 22 players + changes for
> playing a futbol match, maybe a "futbol sala" with like 6 or 5 players
> for each side is a better option IMHO.

Maybe a 7 players team could be a nice number if we have the right
place. It is time to put some info the GUADEC site to start creating the
teams. Maybe a single Wiki page is enough for the subscription, creation
of the teams.

> > at least someone with fluent Spanish. Álvaro del Castillo offered
> > himself "para lo que sea". Álvaro, confirm please.  :) When I say
> > "organize" I'm not saying the game in the middle of the field, we talk
> > about getting 2 teams, find the perfect time for the match, making sure
> > we have t-shirts and trophies and so on. We will involve the local club
> > owning the venue, or whoever, for the details (i.e. sound system, the
> > bar, etc).
>
> I can help Alvaro in "lo que sea", so i'm going to contact him.

Great! Next week we could invest some time to push the football match
momentum :)

> > - GNOME Team: we have no president and no mister. The players will
> > decide who is the captain, not the GUADEC Committee. All I can say is
> > that I'm born in Barcelona and I'm used to see top football teams with a
> > Catalan captain and then most players from somewhere else.  ;)
> > Bastien, Dave, Álvaro, Rodrigo... I recommend you to start making noise
> > in the guadec.org forum, the Planet etc to get the players you need.
> > ALSO someone needs to contact Rest of the World and help them get
> > organized, why not via the guadec.org forum as well.
>
> If we don't have too much players from the Rest of the World, we can
> play a GNOME v/s GNOME match or maybe doing teams like europe vs america
> or something like that. The issue is play and having a great time.

Sure, I share the same vision as Pedro.

> > - The ball. An important element. I suggest to buy two top quality and
> > nice-looking balls to be signed by all the players and be raffled at the
> > end of the game. The procedure of this is known: you sell the numbers in
> > the entrance, during the break and in the bar. At the end of the game
> > you get the winners and <applause>. The money got will be used to fund
> > the next <preferred local sport> match in the next GNOME event againt
> > the Rest of the World.
>
> Good idea!

Ok, I will talk with Pedro and we will inform the list about the
football match progress.

Cheers

-- Alvaro