Re: [guadec-list] The bags

On 11/04/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:
> If you know the bag/bolso/bossa industry or you know someone in it, read
> this through.
>
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 14:49 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
> > Any ideas about the bags to be given to participants?
>
> Yesterday I saw the light!!!
>
> I was thinking of something with a local hint. Well, if you have been in
> Barcelona / Catalonia / Spain into political activism, university
> alternativism and other like lefty -isms you have seen these really
> simple shoulder/messenger bags made of clothe with almost nothing, just
> a rectangle where you can put like a phone guide and perhaps a sandwich
> (aka un bocata y una libreta).
>
> I haven't found them because they were (are?) so normal that nobody took
> a picture of them.  ;) But they look like something between
[...]

> Got it? Ok, then change the color-texture of the bag and make it blue
> jeans!
>
> (something like
> http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Shoulder-Bag-Made/p/2000000003890/3000000179011/bg/1001679771.htm
>
> It's a GUADEC & tango friendly color. On the top of it the GNOME/GUADEC
> logo and the rest of stuff in white.
>
> Catalonia has a tradition in clothe design and textile industry, so I
> bet it's not difficult to find who could produce some hundreds of those
> for a non-expensive price (*)... if you know which doors to knock.
>
> (*) Sure it will cost more than the average cheap conference bag, but a)
> they would be great marketing tools because people will love it (my
> partner says she wants one because she loves the GNOME foot) and b) we
> could produce some more and sell them in the conference, just to cover
> the expenses.

Sound a bit ike the bags given out at the Lliurex congresso last May
in Castellon.
http://lliurex.net/home/va/node/126

I'll see if I can find a piccy. Those folks looked like they had a big
budget but maybe they found somewhere cheap to get them. I think Jordi
Mallach was involved in that so he might be able to help with
contacts.

Regards,
Daniel