[guadec-list] 93 presentations: what's next

I can't compare with previous GUADECs but 93 presentations seem to be a
quantity good enough to say the Call for Papers has been a success.
Thanks Glynn for pushing this when it needed more push and thanks to all
of you that have submitted a paper or encouraged others to submit them.

Proposal to proceed:

- Let's leave a period of grace until Monday for those arriving late
this weekend.

- On Monday we freeze the admission for papers for the Core days, but we
leave the admission open for WarmUp and After Hours.

- During next week we organize the presentations submitted in the
skeleton schedule, just to have an idea of how it looks like. Also to
detect tracks/days overcrowded or needing more content.

- The GUADEC Committee will proceed with the selection of presentations,
starting with those targeting the Core days (Catwalk, Topaz, Tangle). On
April 25th we announce the submitted presentations accepted, either for
the Core days or for Warm Up - After Hours. I propose Dave to lead
officially the selection process, since he has been leading unofficially
the content-related stuff until now.

- We have said we are going to leave some slots empty just in case. If a
new submission is so amazing that we want it for the Core days we will
put it. Also, if we decide someone should do a presentation about
whatever we will invite her/him, as we are doing with the keynotes.
Following these steps the Committee will get the final schedule of the
Core days.

- The presentations discarded for the Core days will be assigned to
WarmUp (tutorials, introductions, locale-specific...) or After Hours
(BOFs, hackfests, project meetings...), but still not on a fixed
scheduled. This will give a reference to other submissions. We need to
calculate a safe deadline for having all this scheduled and printed in
the official program. Only the submissions the Committee considers
off-topic in GUADEC will be discarded, we'll try to find appropriate
timing and location for all the on-topic submissions.

- Even after the printed program deadline we are going to leave chances
for last minute presentations in a free form & free space (probably the
speakers' corner in the entrance hall. These ones will be self-organized
and self-scheduled via website, in a simple way à la tennis court
reservation: put your name in any empty field of the schedule (first
arrived, first served).

- The entrance hall will have panels where people can stick poster
presentations without needing to give notice in advance. The GUADEC
office will have a color A4 printer available, and we will find a
professional printing service nearby where those needing anything more
special can help themselves. We will ask the poster contributors to
upload the digital files to guadec.org. The committee will keep a "right
of admission" (is this correct English?) that we can apply to discard
posters we consider off topic or non appropriate (i.e. a Drink Pepe-Cola
ad).

It would be good to have this decided by Monday, so we can announce it
in the website.