Re: [guadec-list] Drupal test

On vie, 2005-11-25 at 23:27 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> I'm glad you got already results!
>

> > * Create a template for registration process, Making it easier than last
> > year to create an account and registrate for the conference
>
> What do you mean by 'create a template'? You can use the Drupal
> registration editing the fields to be filled in the Profile module (part
> of the core Drupal).

i was thinking to use the WebForms module to create that, so users don't
need to create an account for get a registration, just to fill a form
with their data and payment info. Last year were a lot of complaints
about creating an account.

> > * Import last GUADEC data to drupal, accounts are very important, so lot
> > of users can use they old accounts.
>
> Great. Fabulous.

i didn't work on this yey, my main concern is how tomigrate encripted
password to new system and as i sasy below if we need to use password in
a new system.

> > * Setup the store with test products, my main concern here is to avoid
> > the shopping cart, wich was very confusing for some.
>
> Drupal's shopping cart is very standard: select items, check out, pay.

but we want to avoid shopping cart, my idea is to get a list of fees
(Professional, Student, Free) and put a selection area at the bottom of
the page, then request for payment to paypal or other web payment
system.

> > * Test paypal and other methods for payment.
>
> I'm going to open a thread asking formethods of payment people would
> like to see.

this is a must, well done!

--
Fernando San Mart�Woerner <snmartin galilea cl>