Re: How many rooms left at Youth Hostel?

Hey,

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 08:36 -0400, Tim Ney wrote:
> The foundation has bought the beds at the youth hostel, so we should
> go ahead and fill those.  There should be sufficient accommodation for
> those people who have not told us they are coming.

(Just subscribed, archives imported.)

Looks like this is good news for me, but I doubt this will be the case
next week or so. Here goes the problem, I talked to Murray on #guadec:

I'm living in Istanbul, Turkey but I was in Kiev/Ukraine for the last 3
weeks (got back 2 days ago) and according to the German Embassy in
Istanbul, I had to come back here and apply /myself/ for the visa.

Obtaining a visa for Germany looks a bit scary and looking at their
website[1], they'll probably need an invitation letter[2] and whatnot.
Also read Roozbeh's blog and others, I doubt I can get the visa in time,
but I've not given up yet.

The invitation letter could be sent by fax directly to the consulate
(I'm not really sure if they require that) but I think a PDF copy I can
print out would do it, at least for the first-minute of application. I'm
not really sure what else they may want later on.

So, on my knees, I'm begging for help :)

Also, let me ask, I was willing to apply for foundation membership but I
was skipping that because of my laziness. Looks like foundation
membership could help me to cut down about $75 on the attendance fee. Of
course my application could be rejected by foundation, how long does it
usually take to become a foundation member? So I can get both paid and
done one shot, that would be perfect.

Thanks a lot,

[1] http://www.deutschesgeneralkonsulat-istanbul.org.tr/tr/home/index.html
[2] http://www.deutschesgeneralkonsulat-istanbul.org.tr/tr/home/vtku.html

PS: Pages are in Turkish, but they seem to have them in English too.
--
.O.
..O   Enver ALTIN                   |   http://skyblue.gen.tr/