Re: [guadec-list] Re: Barcelona report

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 19:03 +0200, David Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quim Gil wrote:
> > Apparently (to be confirmed) what was said in Barcelona was that GUADEC
> > would go from Saturday to Wednesday, and the IGC from Tuesday to Friday.
> > This means that actually the GUADEC shouls share facilities with the IGC
> > just one day.
>
> Aren't Tuesday and Wednesday 2 days?
>
> > I insist: instead of trying to guess what they offer and what they don't,
> > what will be available and what won't... please concentrate in defining a
> > unique and specific checklist so the Barcelona Team can assure that all
> > the requirements are satisfied.
>
> I agree.

Time for a wiki page then?

Is there any reason to think we need anything other than the same number
(and types) or rooms that we had in Stuttgart, for the duration? Wasn't
that
- 1 keynote room for at least 500 people.
- 3 smaller rooms for at least 150 people.
- 1 meeting room for 1 day before the talks, for the Board meeting.
- 1 meeting room for 1 day after the talks, for the advisory board
meeting.
- 1 hacking room for the duration.
- An area for eating at lunchtime, and food to eat.
- A small office for the volunteers/organisers.
- Ideally, wireless (internet) networking throughout. At the least,
networking in the hacking room.
  (Fluendo's streaming requires a certain bandwidth.)

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com