Re: [guadec-list] Guadec 2006 Sample Schedule

En/na David Neary ha escrit:
> While I appreciate the effort you've ut into this, I'm not keen on
> volumteering people to give talks, and there are some omissions from the
> plan.

Ludovic caught me in IRC's #guadec before sending a previous version of
this and stated clear he wanted just go one step further to visualise
better the schedule. He insisted the names and sessions would be fake
and it was clear to me, but next time Ludovic you need to explain this
as clear to the list as well.   :)

So just to make things clear, the contents of the conference will be
decided by the call for papers, the GUADEC committee, also the board
will have a say and possible agreements with generous sponsors.

We need an agreement on the structure of the schedule precisely to start
the process of filling it with the best speakers and content (i.e. there
is no way to send an appropriate call for papers is we don't have a clue
of how will be the GUADEC schedule).

> the attempts in previous years to reserve certains days for
> a particular audience

The schedule I propose mentions The User day, The Client day and The
Developer day, but these are not audiences wanted put perspectives. We
want to receive everyday different audiences that find at any time at
least one session according to their interests.

> late addition of sponsor slots and late confirmation of invitees has
> been the number one root cause of the 4 parallel track syndrome we've
> suffered previously.

Agreed. This is why this year we need to avoid this to happen again. We
need to close the plenary sessions and we need to start contacting
sponsors asap.

I would also send the call for papers to any potential sponsor -
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006_2fSponsors - just in case.

In the planning schedule I sent we consider the work with sponsors
finished on mid April and the program closed at the end of that month.
Anything coming after that shouldn't affect the official schedule, there
is always time to state a big THANK YOU in the website, the materials of
the bag delivered to participants and the opening/closure sessions.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org