Re: [guadec-list] Guadec 2006 Sample Schedule

Hi Ludovic,

While I appreciate the effort you've ut into this, I'm not keen on volumteering people to give talks, and there are some omissions from the plan.

In addition, 3 tracks = 3 talks at any one time (outside keynote/plenary sessions) - the attempts in previous years to reserve certains days for a particular audience got mixed reviews (at best).

I think the talks you've proposed could serve as a guideline for the type of talks which would be suited to each track, but we shouldn't oblige Federico or Miguel to give talks just because we think that would fit into a particular theme.

In addition, please remember that typically 25 - 30% of talk slots will be filled by representatives of sponsors, or invitees - it'd be nice to figure that into the planning process this year, since to my mind the late addition of sponsor slots and late confirmation of invitees has been the number one root cause of the 4 parallel track syndrome we've suffered previously.

It might also be nice, given that we're in Fluendo's home town, to factor in a follow-on to their successful and popular multimedia track from last year (Uraeus added as CC to get his opinion on this).

Cheers,
Dave.

Ludovic Danigo wrote:
As I was inspired by the 3 tracks / 3 profile idea of Gil, I want a bit further and try to concretize it to see what it could look like.

Posted it here :
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006_2fSchedule

But as I hit the Wiki limitation I've also prepared an html version that is a bit more readable I think. Joining it to the mail.

Feedback of course more than welcome :)

--
Ludovic Danigo

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/messenger/mail_taglines/default/*http://fr.beta.messenger.yahoo.com> la version beta.

    Sample Guadec 2006 Schedule

This is a sample Guadec Schedule that is mean to stimulate discution and nothing more. None of the proposed session are real ( well, until now ;) )

      How to read the schedule

            Three tracks

Topaz

    composed by visions, bets, plans, alpha developments and anything
    related to the future.

Catwalk

    composed by showcases, presentations, demos... anything you can show
    and is related to the present.

Tangle

    composed by tricky issues, controversial problems, cross-discipline
    knots that were originated in the past and need a wide effort to be
    solved.

            Three profils

The User
    Sessions about user experience, profiles, trends, special needs,
    training process, habits & issues, end-user apps...
The Client
    Sessions about big deployments, distros, admins, independent
    software developers, corporations, public administrations...
The Developer
    Sessions about... development :), languages, platforms, libraries,
    standards, bugs and the GNOME project workflow.

            Three means

Keynote
    openning talk around the profil of the day, set the underlying tone
    and sum up the theme.
Talk
    classical talk one-to-many or small group to many.
Workshop
    oriente toward brainstorming and hacking, many-to-many.

            The rubik's sum up

The User 	The client 	The Developer
*Topaz* 	/Catwalk/ 	Tangle
Workshop 	Talk 	keynote

Friday 23 Saturday 24 Sunday 25 Monday 26 Tuesday 27 Wednesday 28 Tuesday 29 Friday 29
09h
Hangover ... Guadec-ES Welcoming Gnome in Enterprise : Large deployment post-mortem – RedaHat/Novell/Other The web desktop – miguel de icaza After !!! ...
10h
	... 	... 	Creating passionate GNOME users 	Hacking Fest 	...
11h
... ... /Sabayon showcase – RedHat folks/ /Optimization technics – Federico Mena-Quintero/ ... ...
12h
	... 	... 	HIG revamp 	Desktop lockdown, what to enhance 	... 	...
13h
	... ;-) 	... 	... 	...
14h

15h

16h
	GUADEC-ES 	...
	*Gnome collaborative apps*
	... 	...
17h
18h 	St Juan ! 	... 	Soccer : KDE vs Gnome

*What possiblities Cairo brings to the table* ... Basketball : Gnome vs KDE
19h 	... 	... 	GUADEC Closing 	... 	After Closing