[guadec-list] Registration payment platforms

Right, PayPal are evil and I agree on this (although there are many
other global evils in my consumer life and I keep being their client,
probably like most of us). It is (apparently) clear that we can't offer
PayPal as the main option to handle the payments to the GNOME Fondation
but it's totally clear that we need to find alternatives:

- Dave, Murray or any other board member in this list. Could you check
please in which bank(s) do we have account(s) that could accept the
GUADEC registration money? Knowing this we could check whether our
current bank(s) offer such payment platform. If they don't, it would be
good to know if the board is open to opening an account in a bank that does.

- The eCommerce metamodule has a set of modules to integrate to external
platforms. PayPal is one of them. There are more: http://authorize.net -
http://www.e-xact.com/ - http://linkpoint.com/ . Are they suitable for
us? Are they evil too? Any known experience / evaluation?

- IMHO I think we should keep the PayPal option, not as primary but as
secondary. We need to taje decision on this: PayPal as available option
yes or not. I mean, I understand it's easy to find complaints in the
GNOME community (myself have my account blocked for months without
having done anything wrong, I could also explain my sad story). But I
bet there are a bunch of PayPal users in the GUADEC/GNOME "target
markets" and why not offering an easy (to them) way to send their money.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org