Registration and Paypal.

Hi all.

I just attempted to register for the Guadec and the Youth Hostel. The
only payment Option is Paypal, which - frankly sucks.

After much grief I gave in to my privacy concerns about Paypal and tried
to do a money transfer.

To make a long story short: For someone not knowing how Paypal is
supposed to work it is basically impossible.

I got stuck at the "Confirmation" page. It says in big bold letters:

"IMPORTANT: After completing your Paypal Payment process please return
to the Guadec registration site using the CONTINUE button. Do not close
your Browser until you return to the registration pages after your
payment".

Ok. That was the start of my odyssey to Paypal.com, trying to figure out
a way to pay. I was scared to press the "Confirm Order" button, because
for me this was the button to continue, which I have just been warned to
use. It took a too long discussion and two screenshots to figure out
that I had to use this button to be able to do the payment at all.

What a frustrating experience.

Please rephrase the warning like something: "The click on the button
below will lead you to the paypal pages. After completing the payment
process please make sure to use the "continue" button to return to the
appropriate page of the Shopping Cart."  (or similiar). A note if
shipping is required or not would also help (I had no clue what to
select).

Phew, I kind of made it, so expect me at Guadec.

Bye,
        Simon
--
              simon budig de              http://simon.budig.de/