Re: Bad dates :-(

On 18 Feb 2003, Glynn Foster wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> > I think that you choose a really bad dates.
> >
> > I know that it cannot be early but this month is when all European
> > students have our final exams. It's so difficult to just move a month?
> > (to July).
>
> Unfortunately there was very little we could do about the circumstances.
> We had to choose whether to hold the event at the dates or skip it until
> the following year. I know which I would choose *every* time.

> Hopefully this will prove an incentive for some group to get together
> soon to start organizing next years conference.

How about putting something official on the schedule "planning next year
and beyond" or suchlike.  "How to run Guadec in your hometown" or
something.

In Boston there were some suggestions of groups interested in running
Guadec in future and hopes about planning even further ahead.

For future reference can we figure out when the optimal time(s) for
GUADEC?  (I realise Easter jumping around and other peoples confernces
might make this very complicated).

- Alan