Re: Bad dates :-(

On 18 Feb 2003, Glynn Foster wrote:

> Hopefully this will prove an incentive for some group to get together
> soon to start organizing next years conference.

The three things that have stuck out to me are:

a) scheduling near a major event or holiday in the area
b) scheduling during European exams
c) scheduling during peak travel season, aslo known as the "ludicriously
expensive travel season"

If those three could be avoided by planning further in advance, I'd be
happy.  As it is, there's a reasonable chance I won't be going to gu4dec
unless I get a job or somesuch to pay for it (with total costs each time
running close to $1500).  I'm spending $1000 in a couple weeks to go to
the Oslo [Multimedia] Summit (www.gstreamer.net/oslosummit) already...

      Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_