Re: Compiling gtranslator form svn

Hi all,

2009/1/25 Antonio Lima <amrlima gmail com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create some debs for gtranslator from svn. With some
> digging to figure out all the dependencies for all plugins I've managed
> to make (almost) all of them work.
>
> The only one that I can't figure out all the dependencies is the
> dictionary plugin. I'm building the debs on Ubuntu (intrepid) and the
> "gdict" package does not exist, although I guess its on gnome-utils. But
> adding gnome-utils to dependencies doesn't build the plugin. Any ideia
> about what I'm missing?
>
> Another issue I'm having is translations. The menus and dialogs are
> showing partially translated. Might this be a bug or am I being dumb?
>
> Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

I also compiled gtranslator from svn. It all went well except for a
dependecy on "libsasl" which is not checked for in the configure
script.

The only thing that puzzles me a bit is that after starting
gtranslator (without arguments) I only see a gray window without menus
or any contents at all. What I can do, though, is to drag and drop a
PO file to this window. Then the file is loaded and I can see the UI,
but still there is no menu bar. Is this supposed to be like that?

Antonio, I think if you announce your PPA package on the gnome-i18n
list [1] there might be a number of translators who would test it.

Regards,
David.