gtranslator Catalog Manager

Hi,

I had a short discussion with Seán and Ignacio on IRC about a catalog
manager for gtranslator. I'm really looking forward for this for the
next version, I may free up some time to implement it if we arrive on a
consensus on how to implement it.

1) Placement: My initial idea was to make it the catalog manager within
the the same main window as the first tab. To help users in identifiers
I thought I can make the tab have an icon as well to distinguish it from
other tabs. The advantage is that it really makes switching between
projects and catalogs easily. The disadvantages are that it is not
directly user intuitive and is a bit unorthodox.

An alternative is making it in a dialog (not modal), that is accessible
with a menu item or icon on main window.

2) Interface: Our prime examples are poedit and kbabel. I know that I
suffered a lot from their handling of projects (and probably so did you)
so I'd really appreciate input here. Poedit appears to be saner, with
the interface split into a project names list, and a files list.

The files list will be sortable via the column titles by any attribute
(translated, total, untranslated, fuzzy), it would also have a last
modified, (optional?) last pot creation date and last translator
columns.

I'm leaning towards the poedit model myself, but with cleanly ironing
out the issues it has.

3) Adding/Editing prjects: Via wizards.

4) Save formats: XML

choice 1: All catalog information is saved in .gtranslator/catalogs/
choice 2: the user can save the project  file to any location: IMO,
there is no clear advantage to this, and risks easily losing project
files data.

I'd appreciate any feedback on these points, as well as any
wishlists/feature requests/horrible stories from other projects etc...

Djihed