Re: [Gtranslator-devel] code review

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 12:09, Ross Golder wrote:
> Hi.
>
> You are correct. I had embedded a couple of #ifdefs in code that already
> had those #ifdefs. As you said, this isn't that serious, but it is a bit
> messy. The outermost #ifdef is intended to prevent the import/export
> (from/to UTF) dialogs from being built/run, as they are now redundant.
> With glib2/gtk2 everything is held internally as UTF8 anyway, so we are
> in the process of replacing these dialogs with 'import/export' to/from
> another encoding.
>
> UTF8_CODE is not defined anywhere, as we do not want to build these
> dialogs at all. I would have removed all this stuff from the code
> completely, but much of it will probably be useful as examples to work
> from when we get round to writing the replacement import/export stuff.

Hehe, for this case we could also tag these files with a special tag
like "cleanse-action-1" or something similar and then simply try to get
it round with the ifdefs and such moved, removed and cleaned up, what
about such a way to do that?

> Well spotted though, and the typo has been fixed (locally) :)

Another would be of course to do that locally in the code base :-)