[Gtranslator-devel] An idea for parsing, tag category...

Il lun, 2003-06-09 alle 09:38, Fatih Demir ha scritto:

> Hi Alessio,
>
>  I just have a got a small request for you - could you please also file
> the following forum entry by you on the gtranslator forum also to
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org under gtranslator, component Parse engine?
> Would be very fine :-)
>
> Then you could also explicify what you did spec mean by "rev"?! You mean
> an translation ref id or something like a CVS resubstitution or?!?!
> Hmm?!

this is the bug report I have done

if still something is not clear just ask I will try to explain as better
as I can, but in the next days I'll be traveling so I-m not sure if I
can answer your questions before than 11/12 June

Description of Problem:

from the experience in my national translation group, I think could be
really usefull tha have the possibiliti to save alll the string from the
.po that have a particular tag. Let me explain with an example.

Suppose i translate the new string from a .po, for sure also if I use
all the attention possible I'll do for sure some mistake, typing error,
wrong interpretation of some string,  some string for which I'm still in
dubt  an so on ...
 in our tp group we are used to send the translation for revision so we
can check the new translation and i suppose also the other group do the
same.
Now to simplify the things for the others translators that want give
their help in the revision, I add to all the new strings and all the
modified strings the tag #, rev. and after I cut and paste all this
strings to the email i have to send in the list of my group.

Now what I-m asking is: is possible to let gtranslator add this tag
using a shortcut (maybe the tag coulb be also set by the user, there is
non need to be equal for all the translators), after that could be
wonderfull if gtranslator can save all the string with this tag on a
file. In this way is simple for me attach all the strings modified or
translated and also the other can directly modify this file with their
suggestions.
The next step extremely wonderfull is if gtranslator can handle this
file also to add suggestion, in this way the others translator can send
it back to me and  opening inside gtranslator, in the mean time the
translated po and one of this file with the revisions from another
translator, i can really be mucch more productive. Without this feature
I waste a lot of time search the string in the po comparing the one that
are present in the email i receive.

I hope that this could be done, I mean ... not all in a hurry .. but
will be nice if  the addition of the tag and the the tagged strings
saving could be implemented, I'm not sure but i suppose that is not a so
complicated task

thanks in advance

Alessio