Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Preferences and the GNOME HIG

man, 2003-07-07 kl. 02:45 skrev Ross Golder:
> It looks good. It uses a couple of deprecated GTK functions, which were
> easy to fix (I'm developing using the '--disable-deprecated' configure
> flag).
>
> I'm going to finish off the one I'm working on, as it's based on Fatih's
> original layout etc. I may then pick yours up again and apply it to CVS
> instead (once I've tested it a bit more).
>
> Also, with respect to the HIG. My interpretation of the HIG is that a
> GNOME preferences dialog should be 'implicit apply' and only contain
> only a 'Close' button (see my new header dialog). Am I missing
> something?

No, I agree - but I wanted to get your opinion on the rest before I
started to work on that.
If you want to use it I can change that. I think it should be easy,
there are already a callback when something changes (unless it is to
slow to just update everything).

The comboboxes should also be changed to optionmenus:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-question-index.html#id2904238
But that requires some rewriting of the list initialisations.
Not very important and I will not do it unless I know it will be used.