Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Removal of HTMLizing functionality? + such...

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 09:04, Alessio Dessì wrote:
> Il sab, 2003-07-05 alle 21:55, Fatih Demir ha scritto:
> > Well, I thought about something like a simple function to make also web
> > pages of po fils so that some people could look up the translations on
> > the corresponding web sites - this was very long ago when our learn
> > buffer or such wasn't existing yet and the query pot feature was just
> > arising...
> >
> > It was just a playing toy, nothing more important, so I'd like to delete
> > the sources for that out of gtranslator's code base as it would make
> > things eventually faster and stable :-) I don't think there's a strong
> > love for this function present so that I can remove it tomorrow from
> > CVS' source base or?
>
> ok clear ... I agree there is any reason to still have this code ...
> especially if removing it there is a chance to get mor stable and faster
> code ;-)

Hehe :-) Potentially faster and cleaner code of course :-) I will remove
these bits then now today from the CVS sources and also make a new CVS
snapshot for Debian to get an impression about it ;-)

> > Another interesting piece of application awaits you on
> > http://gtranslator.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/gtrqueryapp?q=Open and
> > such... try it ;-)
>

> but how can I specify my language ;-)?

It's a fixed program which uses a fix file (here the Turkish file) as
the learn buffer and you can query it with the application; but the
application is very old and not very good, it's from 2001!

But one could surely also make a website compatible version of
gtranslator's source code for such cgi-bin usage sceneries I guess :-)

> and how is possbble to add new pofor the learn buffer?

It's using the same learn buffer as gtranslator does, so you do simply
work with your own personal learn buffer locally with gtranslator and if
all is done then you upload it to the site where gtrqueryapp works :-)

But that was mroe a technical hint to see what gtranslator could be used
for at a general view, not another very previous trying ground for it
:-)