Re: [Gtranslator-devel] Removal of HTMLizing functionality? + such...

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 16:16, Alessio Dessì wrote:
> Il sab, 2003-07-05 alle 15:07, Fatih Demir ha scritto:
> > On the command line - you just simply enter "gtranslator -w
> > HTMLOUTPUTFILE.htm POFILE" on the command line while starting and it
> > should work :-)
>
> tested .. which was the idea bihind it? what you were thinking about
> when started?

Well, I thought about something like a simple function to make also web
pages of po fils so that some people could look up the translations on
the corresponding web sites - this was very long ago when our learn
buffer or such wasn't existing yet and the query pot feature was just
arising...

It was just a playing toy, nothing more important, so I'd like to delete
the sources for that out of gtranslator's code base as it would make
things eventually faster and stable :-) I don't think there's a strong
love for this function present so that I can remove it tomorrow from
CVS' source base or?

Another interesting piece of application awaits you on
http://gtranslator.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/gtrqueryapp?q=Open and
such... try it ;-)