Re: [Gtranslator-devel] VGS

>  Inventors: Mercier, Philippe; (Sterrebeek, BE)

Ah-ha. So now we know. The patent is held by Telelingua Software, see:

http://secure.telelingua.com/software/EN/soft_produits.asp

Several translation memory apps make use of sharing memories over a network.
Trados and SDLX are two notable examples. Is there really any big difference
between sharing over a network, and sharing over the Internet? Let's have a
race to patent the sharing of TMs over an ISDN line. What next? A patent on
on-line mailing lists for translators? :-)

>I don't know anything about them except of JCAT<

The Internet is inherent to the principle of JCAT, as I'm sure you know.
Again, I can't imagine RWS licensing the technology from Telelingua.

Wordfast is one of the most popular TM applications, possibly even second or
third in terms of use:
http://www.champollion.net/

The Araya Suite was only launched recently and is still fairly unknown:
http://www.heartsome.net/EN/arayasuite.xml.html
Alternatively, in German but with nice pictures of the UI:
http://www.waldhor.com/araya.html

> but I can't think that
> the technique of remote translation memory management wasn't already
> innovated before 2001?

I also find it difficult to believe.

Marc