[Gtranslator-devel] Re: [Fwd: using gtranslator for arabic]

On Sunday 12 May 2002 18:30, Fatih Demir wrote:
> Does anyone know this "friend" which requested a little piece of help
> from me for gtranslator & Arabic?! Unfortunately he used a very good
> EMail address (forgot to configure local exim etc.?!).
>
> Well, anyway, it would be good to contact him to help him/the community
> with his request... Anyone here who knows him or maybe even better: are
> you also here Arafat M.?! Thanks for any hints about him :-)

I know Arafat :-) he is a new member in the Arabeyes team (www.arabeyes.org)..
It seems that he is too excited :-) ( I CCed him)

About gtranslator, as far as I know, with GTK2 ( Gnome2) it supports Arabic ..
This is the case for most of Gnome2 applications ..

The thing is that KDE3 is already released, and it supports arabic, most
Gnome2 translators in the Arabeyes team use kbabel ..

I will followup with Arafat to help him work with gtranslator with Arabic,
itis propobly a font issue ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi