[Gtranslator-devel] gtranslator R 0.43 & future view (life sign!!!)

I will release gtranslator R 0.43 ("CruCRaB") _next week_ and it will be
the LAST STABLE release of gtranslator for the GNOME 1.x world of things
-> your last chance to see it on stable platform :-)

I've got also merged all po files again for the stable branch (which is
"gtranslator-gnome-1" btw), but no string changes were made for THIS
release, ergo if you had a 100% translation, you don't need to do
anything for this release :-) After the R 0.43 the stable branch will be
stalled and frozen as no development will be taken into account by my
side and I don't think that anyone another will do something for it.

Besides this, I will now take care of gtranslator HEAD and get the GNOME
2.0 transition done righly in the next time, so it's surely worth to
watch this piece of CVS in the next time.

The next release of gtranslator will be 0.50 and support GNOME 2.0
platform as far as I can get it done and I will appreciate very much ANY
KIND OF SUPPORT for the transition to GNOME 2.0 (I'm not up-to-date with
the platform, don't even have got GNOME 2.0 installed *huh, shame on me,
I know* etc... -- so bare with me). Hopefully this is a life sign enough
for you to get into the gtranslator circles again after a period of time
without any greater development in gtranslator; "What's love got to do
with it?" I could sing, but let's stop this right now, you don't want to
hear kabalak sing -- really not ;-)

As the new coding starts, a somehow greater reorganization, change of
the code could also be done now, so get up with your ideas and tell us
more about them! What /me is thinking currently is to remove the
backends code (which never worked really *unfortunately*). So much for
now...

--
"I have the easiest job in the world.  All I have to do is sing and play
the guitar." Eva Cassidy, Summer 1996